NGFM Fun Facts
Did you know?
- We are a proud member of the Farmers Markets of Nova Scotia?!
What does this mean?
2. We are a non-profit organization
- Our focus is not on profit, but rather on our vendors and community and ways to improve opportunities for both small business/entrepreneurs and our community. We rely on table fees, your support through fundraising events and grants and this goes right back into the Market so that we can offer our vendors and community more opportunities.
- We are proud as a member of FMNS and through the funds we collect to invest that back into the Market.
- We offer our vendors many training opportunities and ways to improve their business at low or no cost to them
- With partnerships, grants, volunteers and fundraising, we are able to grow and complete projects to enhance the Market and community
- examples are: New year round building, dome renovations to the kitchen (more renos coming to the kitchen & bathrooms soon), Market kitchen & appliances, heaters for the dome, Giving Garden, new tents, new tables, new stage for events and more!
- Due to your support of fundraising events, we are able to keep our vendor fees low lifting barriers to effective business for our vendors. We are able to develop sustainable projects and initiatives.
3. We are community minded.
- Now that most of our really big projects are done, we have turned our attention to ways we can make increasingly meaningful contributions to our community by forging partnerships with other organizations also dedicated to improving our community. Please stay tuned, we hope to have some great announcements on some exciting new programs and initiatives very soon!
- Want to find more ways to be involved? We are working on it and will hopefully have something to tell you later on this season!
None of this could happen without you or your support. It’s important you come out and support your Market and vendors as much as you can! Your support comes full circle back to the community!