Now that we have two kitchens at the Market, we have decided that we would like to offer the dome kitchen to a vendor on a seasonal basis. We would like to invite interested candidates to apply for the 2017 season! This is open to current vendors and new applicants are also welcome and encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates must be willing to commit to the following:
- attend the Market every Saturday from May 20 until October 28th, 9am until 1pm (this can go longer depending on how long we have water since the building is not heated)
- provide multiple menu items
- successful candidate must apply for a Schedule A permit (do not apply until you have been identified as the successful candidate) and have a Food Handlers certificate from the Department of Environment upon acceptance
- will adhere to all rules, regulations etc. set out by the Market and sign a Kitchen Agreement
- Weekly kitchen fees are $70 for members, $85 for non-members, memberships are $50 per year. This includes additional access to the kitchen for food preparation in the approved kitchen.
Applicants must send proposals with a completed 2017 application (found on this website under the Become a Vendor tab) with your proposed menus to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 9th, 2017.
The successful candidate will be chosen on April 12th.
**It is strongly recommended that anyone considering to apply attend the Membership Meeting at the Market on March 14th at 7pm to gather more information.
Do you have an elf that needs help with suggestions on just the right thing? Well, we have a solution! Introducing our new Help Your Elf program!
Use this list to write down things that you see at Market that you think would make a great gift for you or someone else. Once it’s filled out, hand it in at the welcome table and we will e-mail your elf with your gift suggestions before the next Market! Lists will be accepted until December 10th!
Ask your vendor for a Help Your Elf form and there will also be a few located at the Welcome table!
Forget vacuums and neck ties, get something unique this Holiday season and support local!
Help Your Elf!
Just another way we’re helping you shop local this Christmas!
Click the image below for a PDF version!
We are often approached by groups who are looking to raise funds. We can help! We have a unique opportunity that might interest you.
Our Market Kitchen is available on Market Saturdays. For a nominal fee you can rent our kitchen, create a simple menu and sell a hot meal to Market goers. This opportunity is open to restaurants, chefs as well as non-profit organizations (this includes school groups too) looking to raise funds. With 900-1100 visitors to the market every week, this is a unique way to get the word out about a new menu item at your restaurant, your catering service or to raise funds for your organization through your kitchen sales.
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please contact us at email@example.com for all the details.